The Migraine Science Collaborative is a membership-based, targeted resource hub and communication platform. It was founded, and is supported, by the Association of Migraine Disorders.
The Migraine Science Collaborative strives to form an inter-institutional and multi-disciplinary network of migraine researchers and medical professionals in an effort to increase and enhance research in the fields of migraine, cluster and headache disease.
- Unite the migraine, cluster and headache scientific communities through a communication system
- Support the careers of young investigators through educational resources and a mentorship program
- Provide bidirectional exchange of guidance, ideas and questions within and between the researchers and medical care providers
- Encourage increased coordination of research between related or comorbid diseases
- Create a collaborative environment to help stimulate unique research projects
- Share funding opportunities, improve grantsmanship and prepare researchers for more successful research funding
- Attract non-migraine researchers to the migraine community
- Promote translational research
WHAT IS PROVIDED: The MSC platform includes discussion forums, a resource library, an events page, and grant opportunities. A mentor program is in development.
WHY BE A MEMBER: Migraine has a connection to research fields beyond neurology - including: cardiology, gastroenterology, neuroimaging, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, otolaryngology, pharmacology, psychology, rheumatology, sleep medicine, and more. The study of migraine disease involves many different areas of interest including neurotransmission, mitochondria, vascular systems, genetics, neuroinflammation, the gastrointestinal system, hormonal influences, special sensory systems and other studies of neurobiology. It also overlaps pain research, including opioid use and head trauma.
- Gain access to articles, abstracts, mentoring and funding opportunities
- Connect with others in the research community
- Exchange of knowledge and ideas
- Learn from experts
WHO SHOULD BE A MEMBER: Primarily students, residents, postdoctoral fellows, researchers, scientists and clinicians of all specialties and backgrounds. We also welcome pharmaceutical medical liaisons, medical writers and educators.
Your participation in MSC will build a broader and stronger collaboration between all of these currently independent fields and help us advance migraine research for better treatments and cure.
We welcome scientists at all stages of their careers to become members. It is easy and free of charge. Simply visit the MSC homepage and submit your request for membership.
Please share your knowledge or come to learn on this new networking platform. Help fulfill its potential by inviting your colleagues and lab members.